It’s every horse owner’s nightmare – waking up in the middle of the night to your barn ablaze. On Wednesday night the Martin family of Oconne County, Georgia were awakened in the middle of the night to the sound of their barn burning with their 14 Clydesdales, including a three-week-old colt and a pregnant mare due today, trapped inside. The doors were locked shut due to the power being out and the fire burned all around the building.
They may have all perished, had it not been for the quick thinking of the family 16 year-old-son, Macon Martin.
“I just ran right out,” Macon told the local news. “I had no clothes on, no shoes – no nothing.”
He jumped into his family’s Gator tractor and used it bust down the door, calling his mom to follow him. They were able to open up the end of the stalls and pushed the horses out.
And while they lost the barn completely, He saved every single one of their beloved Clydesdales.