When Chew was two he developed back problems. He would shake and tremble, not eat nor drink. He wouldn’t move. We found out that he had four ruptured disks in his back. We have him some meds and soon he was back to normal, until he got hurt again. Three times he would hurt himself in the next eleven months, each lasting three days or so.
Then he hurt himself again. It was the worst we’d had so far. He became paralyzed from the waist down. We had to put a diaper on him because he lost control of his bowel movements.
After two weeks of suffering and sleeping on the floor with him, I saw him stand up and walk over to my mom. He whimpered and his back arched like one of a scared car. It was terrible. I still can’t stand to see a picture of a scared cat.
After that, we knew he was done. We brought him to the vet and they brought him in another room. They tried to stick the needle in him to overdose him, but he wouldn’t have it. They came back and I held him in my arms and he looked up at me. He was known for his big brown eyes, and they stuck the needle in him. After a minute his big bug eyes closed.
And he was gone.
In loving memory of Chewy.”Chewy grew up with me and my mom. He preferred my mom over me, which bugged me to no end. Maddie Miller